Monday, 15 July 2013

Natural loose diamonds : star -melee-eleven diamonds in buyers term

Natural loose diamonds small size is one of the vastly selling loose diamonds type in the world. what are the main buyers terms

Here natural loose diamonds means, small size loose diamond from color D to G and clarity IF to I3 quality and size upto half a carat.

If you count the number of carats, its highest sold loose diamond category across all the diamonds type. This is due to the fact that diamonds are studded mostly as the accented stones and even in the micro jewellery and even in the watches. The size range from 0.005 ct onwards mostly. Although fast running sizes are from 0.01 to 0.03 ct.

Gemologist believes that the Diamond is the heart of an extinct ‘star ’. And Diamonds in Star / Melee range, as they are called , are mainly used as accent stone in Diamond jewellery and as luxury accessories for pronounced glamor and value addition.

Star Diamonds: 0.009 carat to 0.021 carat per piece
Pointer: 0.009 ct to 0.021
Size: 1.25mm to 1.80mm.
Clarity: IF, VVS, VS, SI, I, I3
Color: D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M
Make : Excellent, Very good, Good.
PCS/Carat: 50 – 110

Mellee diamonds: 0.021 carat to 0.074 carat per piece
Pointer: 0.021 ct to 0.074
Size: 1.70 mm to 2.70 mm.
Clarity: IF, VVS, VS, SI, I, I3
Color: D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M
Make : Excellent, Very good, Good.
PCS/Carat: 15 – 50

+11 diamonds: 0.078 carat to 0.125 carat per piece
Pointer: 0.078 ct to 0.125
Size: 2.70 mm to 3.30 mm
Clarity: IF, VVS, VS, SI, I, I3
Color: D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M
Make : Excellent, Very good, Good.
PCS/Carat: 8 to 12

1/6 diamonds: 0.0135 carat to 0.175 carat per piece
Pointer: 0.135 ct to 0.175
Size: 3.30mm to 3.70mm
Clarity: IF, VVS, VS, SI, I, I3
Color: D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M
Make : Excellent, Very good, Good.
PCS/Carat: 7-

1/5 diamonds: 0.18 to 0.23 carat
Pointer: 0.18 ct to 0.23 ct
Size: 3.80 mm approx
Clarity: IF, VVS, VS, SI, I, I3
Color: D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M
Make : Excellent, Very good, Good.
PCS/Carat: 5

1/4 diamonds: 0.23 to 0.29 carat
Pointer: 0.23 ct to 0.29 ct
Size: 4.10mm approx
Clarity: IF, VVS1, VVS2, VS1, VS2, SI1, SI2, SI3, I1, I2, I3
Color: D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M
Make : Excellent, Very good, Good.
PCS/Carat: 4

Natural Loose diamonds are mostly used as the accented stones in the fine jewellery. jewelers do make engagement ring, wedding ring, necklace, bracelet, earrings, nose pins and pendants with it. Micro diamonds (diamonds less than 0.005 ct in size) are mainly preferred in Watches or chronographs.

Price for the natural loose diamonds depends on many things, specially size, clarity and color. higher is the size, color near to D, and clarity near to IF, the price increases.

From the loose diamond manufacturers’ perspective:

What is big, what is rare and sparkling is pricy, and what is in general is cheap. Now again, what sales where?  again different country have different requirements, for Japan, they buy only the best, Europe they only buy similar size and top quality, in USA, almost all the size and quality sales, Hong kong, here where mixed size diamond rules, and anything that is cheaper is accepted. For Southeast, Solitaire diamonds are selling good.

Now lets talk about Surat and Mumbai diamond industry, Surat is definite first choice if you are buying mixed sizes diamonds and little quantity but cheaper, but if you are looking for same quality and similar size small loose diamonds in quantity, Mumbai is the place to be. most of the manufacturers have got there manufacturing in the surat, and saurastra. but as Mumbai has got quality infrastructure and regular flights, it’s the place where people like to sell. And as the Indian financial hub, it deserves the attention.








1 comment:

  1. I like this information Thanks for sharing this. I would like to these articles and I have confusion but I read your news and I easy understood
    Melee diamonds


    ReplyDelete